Monday, August 16, 2010

The big eyed husband

Well you might be thinking about what this is all about? Its just about an amazing dinner I had with my friends and colleagues.. I must admit it was an experience which none of us would ever forget.

We been deciding about this get together for the past one year. but could not make it as its all about work and to get all of us under one roof which was a really tideous job.

My new manager Brijendra is a person who just needs to get things going fast. He just came one day saying we will have a party with the new bees and so started our discussion for the venue.
We got to search for a restaurant which had a good ambiance and ofcourse the food had to be good and cheap too.
Atlast my TL Vineet suggested a place in Indiranagar named 'Herbs and Spices' which was 15 minutes drive from office. When Brijendra came we again had confusions but we did book a table for 10 in Herbs and spices as well as in another restaurant named 'Village' which I forgot to cancel also.

So off we go to Herbs. Four of us on two bikes and the rest of them by car. We had difficulty finding the place but at last in midst of Bangalore traffic we found it.

So here we are 6 men and 2 ladies in front of Herbs and spices( 2 more yet to come as they had to break their fast before they start). So we headed to the main door where the manager came to greet us with his usual smile. So we get in and see it had a real good ambience and real good music being played.

We took our seat and a boy brings us the menu. Here starts the comedy. None of us can understand what kind of food it is. So we call the waiter again and he explains us most of it. So we order some starters and juices. Food comes and its really good... we just loved it .. so now the main course... we all order different combos.. in the mean time the 2 guys who were supposed to come reach and we had our photo sessions and cracked a few jokes here and there..

By this time the whole restaurant was full with foriegners and the band was also on.. our food comes in and you could see the facial expression of everyone changing..
As the name mentioned Herbs..we all had just herbs in our plates.. I had ordered chicken breast with mushroom sause... was thinking it would be so delicious with the aroma of a spicy chicken.. but here in front of me is a big piece of chicken with a lot of herbs on top of it with some mushroom and sause..

I just looked around the table and Ahamed on my left was looking at me as if I had eaten his food and waiting for the next..he was ready with his plate for me .. turning to the other side I saw shiny asking Brijendra to take half of the boiled alive fish from her plate...

Then comes Nitam's bowl... he had ordered combo of all fishes.. he was laughing at us seeing our expressions not knowing about what is about to come.. seeing his bowl he was like a 5 year old boy who was given some grains to chew when all were having chocolates.. we all peeped into his bowl and it was a huge laughter..ohh we could not stop laughing seeing his expression after he had the first spoon of his is so called porrige of fish.. it as just some rice mixed with fish and milk..
He called the waiter and asked if it was the same thing he had ordered... Yes it was came the reply.

After 15 min of hard work we all could finish a half a days job of chewing the food we had in front of us and rest passing the plates to each other.

In the mean time beside us came and sat a couple around their late 30s. we just saw them and didnt mind at all as we were busy trying to feed the others from our plate..
Brijendra and Vineet was telling us about the owner who is a Punjabi and was pointing at him which we could see through the couples table. And I was looking at the Certificate of excellence given to this restaurant by some one.. suddenly I could feel a stare at me... A big round eyes full of anger staring at me.. I looked at the person and it was none other than the man who came with his wife and sat on the next table beside us.. Why the hell is he staring at me????

I looked at Brijendra and brij's eyes asked me the same question why is he staring at us.... his eyes could express anything u say... He was a bald man with a bit of grey hairs shown out .. I looked at his wife and understood the scene.. She was covering her face and looking the menu..

Now I understood that the man thought we were looking at his wife when we were actually looking at the sardar ji and the certificate just above the table they were sitting at..

What did i do for him to stare at.. we were not happy with the food and here comes another guy with his big eyes eating me up.....
we just ignored him for some time but he kept on staring at me and started abusing us also..

Now what do u think is wrong with him?? did his wife tell we were staring at her or was he watching at us trying to know what we were looking at??? or was it a kind of pscho character we are talking about here??????????

who knows.. ?

well we just payed our bills and were about to go when this fellow again started abusing..

I just went to their table and asked him 'Is there a prob?'
Physcho: No what prob?
me: then what are you staring at for the past one hour?
physcho: i didnt
me: you have any prob then let me know instead of staring and abusing other..
Physcho: mind your own buisness man
me: you have any probs then go sit home and solve it rather than coming and showing ur bald head and big fucking eyes on others table..

Now Brijendra and Vineet come and pull me out and his wife tells us to leave their table.. so we come out..

we go out and we all laugh about this guy and his poor wife who will have to suffer because of her husband and their dinner is spoilt too.. we go for an icecream and all go back home..
But the big eyed husband is still a mystery to me....

3 comments:

jithuttan said...

Hey you didnt explain what happened (stunt) after you guys got out of the restaurant. Now does Linju call you "Black Eyed Husband" :P

John Alexander said...

No stunts man.. u got to read it well enough to know what happened after

Anonymous said...

superb.....


Shiny